Guided Walks for Groups
My wife Eileen and I, used to guide walks before we became pensioners. We still walk the mountains regularly, but no longer lead walks. There are a few experienced walking guides who speak English, all of the following I consider to be good professional guides.
- Jose – Jose is from Belgium and is contactable via his website or Whatsapp on (0034) 609 549 324
- Manfred - Manfred is from Austria and can be contacted via his website and also on (0034) 654 588 038
- Carlos and Guillermo – do mountaineering and hiking tours. They can be contacted via their website or on (0034) 636 898 493
- Pedro – is from Las Palmas and his company is 'Walk In Gran Canaria'. Pedro can be contacted via his website or on (0034) 928 273 027
- Pier – is from Italy, and is a qualified walking guide. He lives in the NW of Gran Canaria (Agaete) and is available to guide groups of up to 20 people, all over the island. He has a facebook page 'Wandering Pier Gran Canaria', and can also be contacted by phone on (0034) 603 207 005 (including whatsapp) or by e-mail at:
We specialise in writing easy to follow self-guided walks, and include a lot of local information, details of where to visit and what to do, signposts etc. Volume 1 (which includes half day walks etc.) is especially useful to have with you on a guided walk.
There are some clubs and organisations that run guided walks on a regular basis.
- Grupo Montañero de Mogán – This club organises a guided walk every Sunday from September to June. Guests are welcome.
Most town halls organise guided walks once per month, the tourist information offices should be able to provide you with more details.
From England there are companies that offer guided walks in Gran Canaria: