Guided Walks for Groups
My wife Eileen and I no longer guide walks ourselves, mainly due to the amount of time needed in keeping these walking guides up to date.
Gran Canaria is a safe place to trek, there are no dangerous predators. You naturally pick up much more local information etc. especially with a resident English speaking guide. We would be happy to offer advice to anyone considering a hiking holiday on our beautiful island, whether it be just for themselves or a walking club etc.
If you require a local English speaking walking guide please contact us, or contact one of the following guides or companies.
- Free Motion - Bike and Outdoor Center in Playa del Ingles.
- Discovery Gran Canaria – based in Maspalomas
- Walk In Gran Canaria – based in Las Palmas in the north of Gran Canaria.
- Jose – Jose is from Belgium and is based in Maspalomas. He is licensed to do tours by cars also for small groups. He also keeps the Discovery maps in stock. Jose is contactable via Whatsapp: (0034) 609 549 324
There are some clubs and organisations that run guided walks on a regular basis.
- Grupo Montañero de Mogán – This club organises a guided walk every Sunday from September to June. Guests are welcome.
Most town halls organise guided walks once per month, the tourist information offices should be able to provide you with more details.
From England there are companies that offer guided walks in Gran Canaria: